By working together, we can win more for our clients and ourselves.
We are seeking colleagues at all levels who appreciate the value of collaboration. We want people who aspire to deliver great outcomes for clients, have a heart of service, are analytical as well as creative thinkers, and are accustomed to and expect success.
- LTrue Dealmakers, driven to originate and close deals.
- LSelf-motivated and ambitious, and who don’t wait for deals to come to them.
- LClient focused and love to win.
- LWilling to work and build relationships with future clients and referral partners.
- LTeam players wanting to take advantage of collaboration and the firms “network effect.”
- LPersonable, connect with people easily, and are able to listen first and solve second.
- LUnapologetic about earning large success fees. You understand value creation.
We Get Results
Transaction value delivered to our clients
Strong Experience and Expertise Lead to a Collaborative And Winning Culture
- LGrowth-Focused Management Team
- LBanker Experience
- LAll-in Model – Senior team members committed to A CAREER IN INVESTMENT BANKING
- LClient Rating: NPS: 100 “world-class” | CSat: 9.24
- LBuyer Rating: NPS: 100 “world-class” | BSat: 8.80
We understand you bring sophisticated and long-standing relationships. Our goal is to always support your relationships in ways that keep you top of mind and present in your CEO and issuer relationships.
- Scalable and repeatable marketing and origination tools and resources
- Continued investment in brand building
- Commitment to personal brand building/“visible experts”
Robust Client Shepherding and Deal Marketing
We allow bankers to scale and not get bogged down in minutiae. From pitch and kickoff to deal marketing, our internal processes pull together mandates efficiently and effectively.
Banker enablement and efficiency are our mantras. We support our bankers with “big bank” tools and services, allowing you to do $1,000-an-hour work and enrich relationships instead of worrying about administrative functions.
Professionals who Exhibit Our Core Values Thrive
Our reputation is built on winning for our clients. New team members should be aligned with and capable of demonstrating our five “I’s.”
Our deepest values guide us through every relationship we build, every promise we hold, and every transaction we make.
We grasp complex information and nuances hidden in data, evaluate verbal and non-verbal cues, and devise strategic plans to ensure success.
We synthesize solutions by leveraging our prior experience to achieve results under pressure.
Understanding how to navigate a transaction requires a natural aptitude for the process.
Getting deals done requires the passion, energy, and enthusiasm of an entrepreneurial spirit.
Since 1996, Merit Investment Bank has created a best-in-class platform for bankers. The Merit Investment Bank Management Team is growth-focused and committed to the success of all team members. We specialize in multiple verticals and share our depth of experience in a highly collaborative environment. We provide big bank tools and boutique teamwork to accomplish our shared goals: to help our clients win and our bankers close more deals.
The Managing Director position focuses on the following:
- Deal origination
- Management of all M&A transactions from start to finish
- Advising the client
- Being the key contact for the deal team
- Taking ownership in coordinating information
- Execution of the deal flow both internally and externally
- Being a team player/culture carrier
What industries do we operate in?
- Banking & Financial Services
- Energy & Applied Technology / Oil & Gas
- Business Services
- Food & Agriculture
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals / BioTech
- Transportation & Logistics
- Real Estate, Gaming & Lodging
- Consumer & Retail
- Manufacturing / Distribution
- Construction / Trades, Building Supply
- Technology, Media & Communications
The Ideal Candidate
- Boutique / Client Focused
- Hard Working
- Quick Thinking
- Process Driven
- Never Complacent
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Master’s Degree (Preferred)
- Current FINRA Licensing
- 1 – 10+ Years’ Experience
- Knowledge of the Capital Markets
Industry: Investment Banking
Employment Type: Full Time, Commission
Job Functions: Finance / Sales
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
- Develops and implements firm’s marketing strategy and works with investment banking team to execute that strategy to achieve ROI based results on marketing activities and spend.
- Continues to research and implement best-in-class professional services firm marketing strategy and methodology.
- Actively identifies and markets prospective clients, specifiers, centers of influence, and channel partners and collaborators enhancing our position with each.
- Participates in marketing and sales efforts directed toward sources of investment banking mandates, including developing marketing materials for presentations, Pitches, seminars speaking events and industry functions.
- Actively pursues speaking engagements on behalf of CEO, Practice Group Heads (PGH), and bankers in key verticals.
Conducts in-person and telephonic meetings with deal sources/prospects to generate and identify new deal activity and build relationships among specifiers and collaborators.
- Works with investment bankers to establish and execute the appropriate activities, tactics and strategies to generate, identify and pursue new opportunities which may include representing the firm at CEO events, trade shows, conferences and meetings.
- Analyzes and maintains all firm data assets from CRM system and other data resources to manage the firm’s coverage of existing prospects, specifiers, collaborators and deals.
- Coordinates with the business development function and the firm’s investment bankers to produce best-in-class results relative to brand proliferation and deal flow.
- Manages all outsourced activities, vendors and tools related to Marketing.
- Manages and develops all internal communication for the firm and conducts training around firm marketing processes for all team members.
- Assist and support all recruiting communications and collateral
Creative and Empathetic –
- Assesses and effectively manages perception of the firm’s brand reputation in a way that instills trust and professionalism in all aspects of client and specifier interaction.
- Creatively place Merit Investment Bank in the client eyes and further develops understanding of clients’ needs and point of view in preparing for and executing a capital transaction.
Customer Focus –
- Maintain focus on Merit Investment Bank’s core values, which align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions. Possess the ability to leverage our core values and differentiators to highlight and create customized client solutions demonstrating excellence in all firm deliverables to the client.
Job Specific Competencies
Digital Marketing Management –
- Plans and executes web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns. Designs, builds, and maintains our social media presence.
Cross-Team Integration –
- Ability to lead employees from various functions to communicate, coordinate work across the company, and collaborate in solving problems as one team.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking –
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications –
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Investment Banking / Professional Services –
- Knowledge of the investment banking business and ability to analyze and evaluate client needs, types, market and industry trends, key issues, and regulatory considerations.
Event Planning –
- Assembles creative and innovative event attractions based on internal capabilities or outsources to qualified vendors.
Customer Experience Management –
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
- Knowledge of the strategies and operations for promoting the organization products, services and reputation; ability to develop and implement these strategies and operations.
Project Management –
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
Business Development –
- Knowledge of and the ability to conduct daily and strategic activities in an organization’s business development function.
- Minimum 7 years marketing, business development, sales experience
- Strong understanding of Digital / Social marketing, AdWords, retargeting etc. their metrics and emphasis on actionable ROI / RPM of marketing spend.
- Graphics arts interest, sensitivity and understanding helpful.
- Experience utilizing Hubspot CRM system, including data analysis and integrated marketing campaigns
- Understanding of capital markets, M&A; with strong preference towards experience in investment banking, financial services, private equity, alternative lending, accounting, consulting or other professional services.
- Excellent written and communication skills a must with a premium on content writing, graphics and presentation skills (Digital marketing skills required but must be able to be client facing)
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 7+ years of industry-relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Merit Investment Bank is an equal opportunity employer.